Cost Price: The price, at which an article is purchased, is called
its cost price, abbreviated as C.P.
Selling Price: The price at which an article is sold, is called its
Selling Price, abbreviated as S.P.
Profit or Gain: If S.P. is greater than C.P., the seller is said to
have a Profit or Gain.
Loss: If S.P. is less than C.P., the seller is said to have incurred a
- Gain = (S.P.) – (C.P.)
- Loss or gain is always reckoned on C.P.
- Gain % = [Gain*100/C.P.]
- Loss = (C.P.) – (S.P.)
- Loss% = [Loss*100/C.P.]
- S.P. = [(100+Gain %) /100] * C.P.
- S.P. = [(100-Loss %) /100] * C.P.
- C.P. = [100/ (100+Gain %)] * S.P.
- C.P. = [100/ (100-Loss %)]* S.P.